Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hmmm. smells like... dog pee...

My husband and I have 3 dogs, and two of them are males. They are the reason I do not have flower beds, or pots with cooking herbs... They pee on everything that stands out from the landscape. After 3 years of sadly watching my yard wither away and smell up, I am ready to take charge of the situation. I am hoping that I can teach them to use only a part of the yard for their toilet activities. Easier said than done, of course. My husband suggested "invisible fence," but I am totally against any electric shocks to my puppies.

I decided to turn my aromatherapy interests into a yard-therapy. I will find a way to make my yard smell good (or better), damnit! So, here we are. After spending last evening scouring the Internet, I came up with a list of essential oils and other home remedies supposedly effective in keeping the dogs away from certain spots.

Different web sites provide different suggestions. Given the dare situation in my yard, I decided to see which suggestion would be the most effective, rather than waste my money (and time) on ineffective essential oils or other ineffective products. More on that in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment